Mini Paper Roses | Cricut

If you are in love with paper flowers, like I am, then this project is for you! We've seen them everywhere. From Joann's to many Etsy shops online. They're beautiful & realistic looking. I'm going to show you how to make these mini paper flowers for all your embellishment needs.


I am beginning to get "serious" with my crafts. The first, and only, scrapbook I ever bought was back when I began High School, back in 2006. It came with a few embellishments to use in the scrapbook! I love it and still have it to this day. I still love scrapbooking, but as I got older, I discovered many different levels of crafts. Card making, decoupage, origami (which is another pasttime, and will begin to appear here somewhere soon). 
Many crafts, many styles. Shabby chic being one of my favorites and mostly because of the beautiful embellishments. The mini realistic paper flowers to be more specific. 
And I know every crafter doesn't just get up one day goes and buys a whole bunch of premade beauties to embellish their projects! At least, I can't! And I want some paper flowers now! 
So it was time to put my Cricut Explore to good use!

Here is what you will need to make these beautiful flowers!

• Cardstock paper - in your choice of color
• Adhesive - I used the Tombow liquid glue because these are so tiny you could easily get burnt with hot glue. 
• Toothpick - every good crafter needs these in her stash! Ha!
 Foam Surface - I used some sheets of craft foam left over from a project. But I know there are foam pads used for flower making, like this one from McGill. 
• Ball Stylus Tool - basically you need something with a smooth round end surface to shape the flowers! 
• and your Cricut Explore - if you have paper punches, I have seen videos on YouTube using those. But since I don't own flower paper punches I will use my brand spankin' new Cricut Explore! 

Let's make these beautiful flowers!

First you want to go into Design Space. Log in and select "Create a New Project".
 Then hit Insert Images:
In the search bar type in the code: #M4687B and this image named "Flower" from Mother's Day Bouquet cricut cartridge will come up. Insert it into your canvas.
Duplicate the image 6 times to get a total of 7 flowers. Size them as follows:
2 flowers at 1.5"
2 flowers at 1.4"
2 flowers at 1.3"
1 flower at 1"
Hit Go! cut these out on your choice of cardstock.

Here is the video tutorial:


 


 Until the next flower!